CONCERT JAZZ BAND with JOHN CLAYTON - NOVEMBER 9, 2013
Please join us at the Bridge, 1020 E. Walnut, Saturday, 11/9, at 7pm for the Concert Jazz Band's concert featuring the Grammy award winning bassist, composer, and arranger John Clayton.
Based in LA, John Clayton is in high demand as a composer, arranger, and as an extraordinary bassist for jazz and pop legends such as Diana Krall, John Pizarelli, Paul McCartney, Gladys Knight, Queen Latifah, and numerous others. He leads the Clayton/Hamilton Jazz Orchestra, co-leads the Clayton Brothers Quintet with his saxophonist brother Jeff, and is in high demand as an educator and clinician throughout the world. His arrangement of the national anthem for Whitney Houston for the 1990 Super Bowl is among the more notable versions.
A $5 suggested donation is appreciated. HOME: The Columbia, MO Sessions, Vol. 1, will be available for purchase.
2014 MU/RBHS JAZZ FESTIVAL - FEBURARY 8, 2014
Entry forms for the 3rd Annual MU/Rock Bridge High School Jazz Festival are now available! Take advantage of the Early Bird Discount and return your forms byDecember 13. Final registration deadline is January 10. Visit the MU Jazz Festival page for more information and entry forms.
2013-2014 MU JAZZ CONCERT SCHEDULE
- Thursday, September 19, 7:30 PM: Jazz Big Bands (Missouri Theatre)
- Thursday, October 17, 7:30 PM: Graduate Jazz Combo (The Bridge)
- Thursday, October 24, 7:30 PM: Jazz Combos (The Bridge)
- Wednesday, October 30, 8:30 PM: Studio Jazz Band with guest artist Dan Gailey (The Bridge)
- Guest residency October 29-30
- Saturday, November 9, 7:00 PM: Concert Jazz Band with guest John Clayton (The Bridge)
- Guest residency November 7-9
- Saturday, February 8: MU/RBHS Jazz Festival (Rock Bridge High School, Columbia, MO)
- Thursday, February 20, 7:30 PM: Studio Jazz Band (The Bridge)
- Thursday, March 6, 7:30 PM: Concert Jazz Band with guest artist Byron Stripling (The Bridge)
- Guest residency March 4-6
- Thursday, March 20, 7:30 PM: Graduate Jazz Combo (The Bridge)
- Thursday, April 3, 7:30 PM: Jazz Combos (The Bridge)
- Monday, April 7, 7:30 PM: Chancellor’s Concert (Missouri Theatre)
- Thursday, April 17, 7:30 PM: Jazz Big Bands (Missouri Theatre)
The Missouri Theatre is located at 203 S. Ninth Street. The Bridge is located at 1020 E. Walnut.
RECENT CD RELEASES